TMO: Testing Optimization
Optimize your testing
Testing is often the weakest link in the software development chain, because testing:
- Is estimated and planned with non-accurate criteria
- Testware and projects tangible objectives are not defined
- Defects corrections are not properly considered
- Management is often quite poor and disconnected to the project
- Its paid according to the testing effort instead of the tested functionality’s volume
The outcomes of this bad practice are very negative:
- We know the present situation of the project, but not if its final stage is near or far.
- The projects are delayed and the budget gets out of control.
- Implementations drag an important functional and technical debt without quantifying
- The maintenance becomes more and more complicated and costly
LEDAmc developed a Testing Optimisation Service, which permits to properly estimate, plan, control and manage all the testing of the Project.
Very cost-effective, it is supported by testing management protocol and includes:
- Testware estimation solutions
- Testing quality assurance solutions
- Optimized solutions to certificate the applications
All of them encompassed in the concept of TestingManagement Office (TMO).
- Accurately estimate the project testware
- Control the implementation of testing cases
- Anticipate defects detection
- Control and manage defects corrections
- Synchronize and manage project planning
- Rigorously establish the implementation dates
- Objectively anticipate implementation’s quality
The service may form a Software Testing Competence Centre.
The STCC centralizes the Company’s knowledge of testing processes and procedures and provides the update and experience in the use of the market’s best practices, it:
- Helps the Company’s support areas to establish processes and procedures and select Testing Management tools.
- Transmits knowledge among the Organisation development teams.
- Facilitates the relationships with providers and their acceptance of the Organisation’s practices.